Monthly Current Affairs Mar 2022 English
Application to the International Court of Justice against Russia
● An application was filed against Russia in the International
Court of Justice on the grounds of genocide in the war with
● Russia's actions were termed as inhumane in the application
● The main purpose of bringing the application → creating
international pressure on Russia + gathering global support in
International Court of Justice
● Establishment: April 3, 1946
● Headquarters: The Hague (Netherlands)
● Language: French and English
● decision not binding
● Total 15 Judges elected by UN General Assembly & Quorum:
● There cannot be two judges from the same nation
● Tenure of all judges including Chief Justice is 9 years
● The unanimous decision of the rest of the judges is necessary
for the removal of one judge.Do you know ?
● Decisions given by the International Court of Justice are not
binding but only advisory.
● However, if both the parties agree to implement the decision of
the court, then the nature of the decision is binding.
Do you know these Indian judges of the International Court of
● B. N. Rao
● R.S. Reader
● Dalveer Bhandari
● Nagendra Singh
Renewal of Iran Nuclear Deal!
● US organizes meeting as part of efforts to rejoin nuclear deal
● Earlier, the official statement of US President Joe Biden that if
Iran follows the basic spirit of the 2015 agreement, it can be
included in the agreement again.
What is Iran Nuclear Deal, 2015
● Formal name of the agreement: Joint Comprehensive Plan of
● Informal name of the deal: Iran nuclear deal
● Iran and the US, China, France, Russia, Britain, Germany and
the European Union in the year 2015
● Purpose of the deal: To stop Iran from making nuclear
weapons● The condition of lifting international sanctions on Iran in return
for curbing Iran's nuclear programs
● But in the year 2018, America is out of this agreement.
● America's alleged allegation that Iran did not comply with the
terms of the agreement
● Strengthening relations with Israel is also the main reason for
America's separation from the agreement.
Now why America wants to join this agreement again?
● Former US President's mentality of assessing almost every
international agreement against American interests
● The purpose of the new president is to effectively establish
America's role in Central Asia.
What if there is a renegotiation with Iran?
● Paving the way for Iran to pursue its peaceful nuclear program
● Strengthening our bilateral trade and nuclear relations with a
country like India
● However, many experts believe that the operation of nuclear
programs by Iran from a military point of view again.
● As a result, an environment of unrest and instability in Central
What can be done?
● Terms of the agreement to be determined in a coordinative
manner and not in a restrictive manner● Providing clarity to the implementing and compliance side of
the terms of the agreement
● The basic objective of the agreement should be to establish
regional peace and not to establish unreasonable restrictions
on any particular country.
● A special opportunity for India to play the role of a mediator
and make its presence felt in the Central Asian region
IPCC new report
● Part II of the Sixth Assessment Report of the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
● first part published last year
● The formal name of the report is Climate Change 2021: The
Physical Science Basis
● More than 45 percent of the global total population lives in
areas highly vulnerable to climate change.
● India has been identified as a major vulnerable region, prone
to disasters such as floods, droughts, cyclones and heat
● Along with climate change, many other disasters are likely to
emerge in different parts of the world in the next two decades.
● Multiple climate hazards will occur simultaneously and climate
and non-climate hazards will interact
● Malnutrition, hunger as well as the possibility of increasing
diseases due to climate change
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change● United Nations official panel
● Established in 1988 by World Meteorological Organization +
United Nations Environment Program
● total 195 members
● Headquarters: Geneva (Switzerland)
● Peace Nobel Prize in 2007
● The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and UNEP
prepare the IPCC report together.
State of India’s Environment Report, 2022
● Published by Center for Science and Environment (CSE)
● Reports focus on climate change, migration, health and food
● The report also included aspects such as biodiversity, forests
and wildlife, energy, industry, housing, pollution, waste,
agriculture and rural development.
Center for Science and Environment (CSE)
● Establishment : 1980
● Headquarters : New Delhi
● research and advisory organization on issues of public interest
● Publication of magazine called 'Down to Earth'